On this episode:
Meet Chef Aron Espeland, winner of the Global Young Chefs Challenge. Chef Aron took home Gold for Norway at the 2022 Global Young Chefs Challenge finals competition, held during Worldchefs Congress in Abu Dhabi in July. With an impressive and growing list of medals, including a victory for the Norway Culinary Team at the Culinary Olympics in Stuttgart, he’s one of the most promising young talents in the industry.
Tune in to hear:
- Aron’s journey to the top of the podium, from his parent’s restaurant to Michelin-starred Vaaghals alongside Christer Rødseth;
- his philosophy on competition and preparing for the competition kitchen, and;
- advice for aspiring competitors.
Join Worldchefs for a Competition Seminar
Level up your skills!
Join Worldchefs for a Competition Seminar during the Culinary World Cup in Luxembourg. We will host four Competition Seminars, which will take place on November 25-29, 2022.
Click below to learn more details about each event:
Competition Seminar instructors share techniques from both the perspective of Worldchefs Certified Judges and award-winning competitors. Participants gain an understanding of not only judging criteria but also best practices in the competition kitchen and tactics that consistently reach the highest place at the podium.
Current judges: All Worldchefs Certified Judges are required to attend a Competition Seminar every five years.
Future judges: Attending a Competition Seminar is a mandatory part of the process to become a Worldchefs Certified Judge. Participants are awarded a certificate of participation that can be submitted as one of the required credentials in an application. To learn more about the process and for a complete list of requirements, download the Worldchefs Certified Judge application form here.
Judges: Why attend?
- Keep up to date with culinary trends, and discover all the latest rules necessary to provide fair judgment during events.
- Engage with renowned chef instructors and network with a diverse and driven class of competition chefs, aspiring judges, and influencers in the culinary space.
- Current judges: All Worldchefs Certified Judges are required to attend a Competition Seminar every five years.
- Future judges: Take the first step towards becoming a Worldchefs Certified Judge. Participants receive a certificate of participation after attending a Competition Seminar. This certificate of completion is one of the mandatory requirements when submitting a Worldchefs Certified Judge application.
Competitors: Why attend?
- Learn indispensable tips to excel in culinary competitions, and understand the service process and presentation details to make sure you know everything from the very beginning to the end.
- Be the first to discover current culinary trends, innovations in modern kitchen equipment, and the latest technologies used in competition.
- Engage with renowned chef instructors and get inspired alongside a diverse and driven class of competition chefs, aspiring judges, and influencers in the culinary space.
Learn more about becoming a Worldchefs Certified Judge
Attending a Competition Seminar is one of the required credentials in a Certified Judge application. Keep in mind, all Certified Judges are required to attend a Competition Seminar every five years. These intensive workshops provide key information about current trends, competition rules and judging criteria, to help chefs keep up-to-date and at their best!
Attending applicable Competition Seminars is one part of the process to become a judge, and does not automatically qualify you as a Certified Judge. Applicants must fulfill additional criteria and provide evidence of support in a formal application process. To learn more about the full approval process, visit: www.worldchefs.org/Application-To-Become-A-Judge
Pre-register and gain more information by contacting: For more information, contact Linh To at [email protected].
Never stop learning! Worldchefs Academy offers a Pre-Commis Chef Training Program and Sustainability for Culinary Professionals course for FREE at www.worldchefsacademy.com. Once you complete each course, you’ll receive a digital badge to show your achievement.
Expand your digital presence with a free profile on Worldchefs online community! Connect with thousands of culinary professionals, keep up with the latest industry news, or find your next job. Create your account now at www.worldchefs.org/login.
World on a Plate is supported by Nestlé Professional and our podcast sponsors.