See HUG’s recipe for Coconut Melon Tarts:
- 70 g milk (1)
- 35 g coconut powder
- 10 g sugar
- 5 g crème powder
- 5 g milk (2)
- 5 g egg yolk
- 35 g couverture, white
- 10 Piece HUG Dessert Tartelettes Filigrano Butter Round 3.8cm
- Bring the milk (1), coconut powder and sugar to the boil.
- Mix together the crème powder, milk (2) and egg yolk.
- Add to the milk mixture while stirring.
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, until the crème thickens.
- Remove the pan from the stove. Melt the couverture in it.
- Allow the mixture to cool down. Stir and spread over the base of the Tartelettes.
- 60 g water
- 15 g sugar
- 10 g lime juice
- 2 g tarragon
- 100 g melon
- Heat the water, sugar, lime juice and tarragon until the sugar has dissolved.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Cut out melon balls and place in the marinade.
- Cucumber roll and cucumber balls
- Coconut flakes
- Sugar spirals
Recipe by: Susanne Bührer Hasenberger, 2018
Brought to you by our partners at HUG.
crystallized Jasmine Blossom
HUG is a Swiss bakery with more than 140 years of history, and today the world’s leading brand for sweet and savoury tartelettes. HUG Swiss premium tartelettes, with their uniquely thin and straight walls, are the first choice and the basis for the most creative and delicious snack or dessert creations. Chefs and patissiers around the world appreciate the modern and elegant design for cold and warm applications. The company is a leader in the sustainable and responsible use of resources. The family promise of “natural and honest” signed by Andreas and Anna Hug, the fifth generation of the Hug family, stands as a guarantee to this commitment. To learn more about HUG, watch their company trailer here.
BECOME A WORLDCHEFS PARTNER
Partner with Worldchefs to get connected with our international membership of professional associations, hospitality schools, and companies around the globe.
Learn more about our partnership opportunities here.