We are looking for a candidate who equips with sales and marketing skills. We offer a 10 months CDD contract to replace a PR & Marketing Manager on parental leave. If candidate fulfils the expectation, he/she will potentially transfer to Sales and Business Development Manager role, CDI after fixed term contract.
***Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in English at email@example.com with title “Application of Worldchefs Sales & Marketing Manager_YOUR NAME”. Application without a motivation letter will not be considered. ***
Role Purpose (November 1st 2017 , 10 months CDD)
- Leading and giving strategic direction to the Communications Team and taking ultimate responsibility for all PR & Marketing activities within the organization.
- The website being the first port of call for many people approaching us – the PR & Marketing Manager oversees the development of the main website as well as associated web platforms; our presence on social media sites and the production communication material for use on the website and in the field.
- Expand our education programs such as certification, recognised schools, sustainability education
- Increase organization’s revenue .
- Responsible for creating, advising management on, and implementing a dynamic organisation-wide communications marketing strategy to build brand awareness and promote programs, activities, services, and impact
- Lead content strategy for all digital and traditional channels and communications / marketing collateral including Worldchefs magazine; develop mission, message and brand messaging and ensure they are disseminated professionally and effectively across digital platforms (e.g. web, social media, e-newsletter), print channels (magazines, brochures) and at events
- Project manage communications-driven programs and initiatives; for example – oversee the execution on-deadline and on-message for all Worldchefs owned-media platforms (social media, website, e-newsletter, magazine); International Chefs Day, other
- Devise and create analytics reports about digital platforms (eg. web, social media, e-newsletter) that can be used to inform development these platforms; recommend strategies for maximizing digital engagement from communities and growing subscribers / audiences
- Lead social media content strategy & planning with the goal to disseminate key messaging, enhance our reputation, respond quickly to members and partners needs and to increase engagement and maximize collaboration with partners
- Lead user-journey / content strategy for Worldchefs website updates; oversee web developments with IT team providers
- Build relationships with stakeholders (member associations, partners, hospitality industry leaders) to improve cross-communications and grow awareness / brand equity of Worldchefs
- Media relations – develop media relations strategy and grow relationships with international media to build brand awareness and approving all media communications
- Branding – managing growth of image library, develop and implementation of brand guidelines
- Provide mentorship and guide the work of the communication team to ensure they work effectively and professionally and have the right tools to carry out their duties
- Maintaining good relations and liaising with key partners and contractors
- This job description reflects the current requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, this will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the post-holder.
Sales and Business development: (20%)
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements global sales programs by developing sales action plans.
- Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully working with teams.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands organisation customer base and ensure it’s strong presence
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the board of directors and management team
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Seeking opportunities for business development within education, culinary and hospitality sectors.
- Responsible for heading up their expansion in new markets as well as continued expansion among existing clients.
- Building relationships with existing clients (schools, hotels and hospitality industries) in an attempt to increase their current spend.
- Driving peak performance and sales success across the organization.
- Creating, negotiating and closing commercial agreements.
- You will be instrumental in devising and implementing the strategy for meeting sales performance targets.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or a related field
- Experience in internet and digital media and social media
- Previous experience from gastronomy, food service or hospitality industry
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior project management and time management skills, comfortable to deal with deadlines and can do attitude.
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales and business development manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Ability of meeting Sales Goals, Negotiation, Selling to Customer Needs, Motivation for Sales, Sales Planning, Building Relationships, Coaching, Managing Processes, Market Knowledge, Developing Budgets, Staffing
- Proven track record in sales, business development and winning new business.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads.
- Show an understanding of the challenges facing the hospitality and culinary industry at present and illustrate a knowledge of the operational attention to detail that will be required to succeed within the industry.
- Ability solve tough problems, handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. French, Spanish, German and other languages is a plus
- Copywriting – create and update all internal and external communications collateral as needed (for example letters to members) is a plus
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to colleagues and management. Ability to work with teams in an international environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other IT tools essential.
At Worldchefs head office in central Paris
Applicant shall hold a working permit to work in France.
About us – Worldchefs is a thriving global network of more than 100 chefs associations. Founded nearly a century ago in October 1928 at the Sorbonne in Paris, with the venerable August Escoffier as first Honorary President, Worldchefs is a global authority on food, establishing impact through leadership and action in three core areas: education – providing ongoing world-class professional development across all culinary levels and creating the world’s first global culinary certification; events & competition – providing a gateway to global networking & learning opportunities, including at its core the biennial Worldchefs Congress & Expo, home to the Global Chefs Challenge where the world’s best chefs meet to compete; and global impact – delivering humanitarian and sustainability initiatives which create better lives, better food and better futures for all of our communities across the planet through advocacy, partnerships, and passion.