Chefs don’t miss your chance to join us for this one-day intensive Worldchefs Hot Kitchen Judging Seminar!
The seminar is mandatory for chefs interested in becoming Worldchefs Approved Hot Kitchen Competition Judges, but is open to everyone – aspiring competitors, trainers, event organisers – it will give you the skills and insights you need to thrive in international culinary competition – whatever your role!
WHY ATTEND – JUDGES?
- Participants will receive a certificate for taking part in the seminar; this certificate is mandatory to become a Worldchefs Judge
- Being a Worldchefs Judge will give you the opportunity to attend prestigious culinary events worldwide while developing your culinary skills & those of others!
- Please note that the certificate does not automatically qualify candidates as an Approved Judge – additional evidence and documents are required. For more information about how to become a Worldchefs Judge, please click here.
WHY ATTEND – COMPETITORS?
- As a competitor attending a Worldchefs Hot Kitchen Judging Seminar, you will gain invaluable knowledge on how to focus when competing in order to gain the highest score.
- You will gain insight into best practices by following Worldchefs judging criteria and receive useful tips to avoid common mistakes and pit falls. The Hot Kitchen Judging Seminar is imperative for teams and individuals who take competition seriously and wish to optimize his/hers training and skills.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
· Learn all aspects of the Hot Kitchen program for Worldchefs endorsed Hot Kitchen competitions
· Scoring points in the Hot Kitchen:
o Mise En Place
o Correct Professional Preparation
- Carefully review all the rules in detail and broken down point by point to provide a clear and thorough understanding of what the judges are evaluating;
- Discover work of a jury, different jury groups, culinary team categories
- Find out all the requirements, qualifications and guidelines of a judge
- Learn from the best – hundreds of recent competition photos; do and don’ts of successfully participating in and judging Worldchefs endorsed competitions right down to the details like logistical and transportation tips and awarding points to participants.
This seminar is taught by Carlo Sauber, a member of Culinary Competition Committee, an author of cooking books and a writer of culinary sensibility articles for different magazines as well as a head judge who is actively involved in the organisation of the Culinary World Cup 2018.
***AFTER THE SEMINAR***
Attending a Judging seminar does not automatically qualify one as an Approved Judge. Applicants MUST fulfil all criteria laid out in the document and provide evidence where requested. To become a Worldchefs approved judge you must complete and return the application together with requested evidence for evaluation by the Culinary Competition Committee (CCC). Email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be considered. (Click here to download the application form)
VENUE: 15 rue Tiquetonne, 75002 Paris
DATE: 18 May 2018
COST: 350 EUR [includes full-day seminar, take-home materials and lunch].