The Canadian Culinary Federation, Toronto Branch is hosting a Vegan/Plant-Based Competition Seminar in Toronto on 7 November 2022.
Competition Seminar instructors share techniques from both the perspective of Worldchefs Certified Judges and award-winning competitors. Participants gain an understanding of not only judging criteria but also best practices in the competition kitchen and tactics that consistently reach the highest place at the podium.
Current judges: All Worldchefs Certified Judges are required to attend a Competition Seminar every five years.
Future judges: Attending a Competition Seminar is a mandatory part of the process to become a Worldchefs Certified Judge. Participants are awarded a certificate of participation that can be submitted as one of the required credentials in an application. To learn more about the process and for a complete list of requirements, download the Worldchefs Certified Judge application form here.
Judges: Why attend?
- Keep up to date with plant-based culinary trends, and discover all the latest rules necessary to provide fair judgment during competition events.
- Engage with renowned chef instructors and network with a diverse and driven class of competition chefs, aspiring judges, and influencers in the plant-based culinary space.
- Current judges: All Worldchefs Certified Judges are required to attend a Competition Seminar every five years.
- Future judges: Take the first step towards becoming a Worldchefs Certified Judge. Participants receive a certificate of participation after attending a Competition Seminar. This certificate of completion is one of the mandatory requirements when submitting a Worldchefs Certified Judge application.
Competitors: Why attend?
- Learn indispensable tips to excel in Vegan/Plant-Based Competitions.
- Become aware of new Vegan/Plant-Based Competition requirements, design considerations and scoring criteria for plant-based cuisine.
- Be among the first to start acquiring qualifications to become a Vegan/Plant-Based Certified Judge.
- Engage with renowned chef instructors and get inspired alongside a diverse and driven class of competition chefs, aspiring judges, and influencers in plant-based culinary arts.
Learn more about becoming a Worldchefs Certified Judge
Attending a Competition Seminar is one of the required credentials in a Certified Judge application. Keep in mind, all Certified Judges are required to attend a Competition Seminar every five years. These intensive workshops provide key information about current trends, competition rules and judging criteria, to help chefs keep up-to-date and at their best!
Attending applicable Competition Seminars is one part of the process to become a judge, and does not automatically qualify you as a Certified Judge. Applicants must fulfil additional criteria and provide evidence of support in a formal application process. To learn more about the full approval process, visit: www.worldchefs.org/Application-To-Become-A-Judge
Meet your Seminar Instructor:
This seminar is taught by Cornelia Volino, Worldchefs Secretary General, Certified Vegan Chef, Worldchefs CCC Vegan/Plant-Based Cuisine Leader & Seminar Instructor, and Certified International Judge Vegan/Plant-Based Cuisine, Culinary Arts & Hot Kitchen.
Date: Monday, 7 November 2022
Location: Toronto, Canada
Note: This seminar is organised exclusively on-site. It will NOT be recorded or streamed for online participation.