Pastry Art Competition Seminar: Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Chefs Association is hosting Competition Seminar in Hong Kong on May 9, 2023.
Competition Seminar instructors share techniques from both the perspective of Worldchefs Certified Judges and award-winning competitors. Participants gain an understanding of not only judging criteria but also best practices in the competition kitchen and tactics that consistently reach the highest place at the podium.
Current judges: All Worldchefs Certified Judges are required to attend a Competition Seminar every five years.
Future judges: Attending a Competition Seminar is a mandatory part of the process to become a Worldchefs Certified Judge. Participants are awarded a certificate of participation that can be submitted as one of the required credentials in an application. To learn more about the process and for a complete list of requirements, download the Worldchefs Certified Judge application form here.
Judges: Why attend?
- Keep up to date with culinary trends, and discover all the latest rules necessary to provide fair judgment during competition events.
- Engage with renowned chef instructors and network with a diverse and driven class of competition chefs, aspiring judges, and influencers in the culinary space.
- Current judges: All Worldchefs Certified Judges are required to attend a Competition Seminar every five years.
- Future judges: Take the first step towards becoming a Worldchefs Certified Judge. Participants receive a certificate of participation after attending a Competition Seminar. This certificate of completion is one of the mandatory requirements when submitting a Worldchefs Certified Judge application.
Competitors: Why attend?
- Learn indispensable tips to excel in culinary competitions, and understand the service process and presentation details to make sure you know everything from the very beginning to the end.
- Be the first to discover current culinary trends, innovations in modern kitchen equipment, and the latest technologies used in competition.
- Engage with renowned chef instructors and get inspired alongside a diverse and driven class of competition chefs, aspiring judges, and influencers in the culinary space.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Learn all aspects of the pastry program for Worldchefs endorsed competitions, from petits-fours to plated desserts and centerpieces;
- Carefully review all the rules in detail and broken down point by point to provide a clear and thorough understanding of what the judges are evaluating;
- Learn from the best – hundreds of recent competition photos; do and don’ts of successfully participating in and judging Worldchefs pastry endorsed competitions right down to the details like logistical and transportation tips and awarding points to participants
This seminar is taught by Chef Kenny Kong from Singapore.