Hot Kitchen & Culinary Arts Competition Seminar: Philippines
The LTB Philippines Chefs Association is hosting a competition in the Philippines on November 5, 2022.
Competition Seminar instructors share techniques from both the perspective of Worldchefs Certified Judges and award-winning competitors. Participants gain an understanding of not only judging criteria but also best practices in the competition kitchen and tactics that consistently reach the highest place at the podium.
Current judges: All Worldchefs Certified Judges are required to attend a Competition Seminar every five years.
Future judges: Attending a Competition Seminar is a mandatory part of the process to become a Worldchefs Certified Judge. Participants are awarded a certificate of participation that can be submitted as one of the required credentials in an application. To learn more about the process and for a complete list of requirements, download the Worldchefs Certified Judge application form here.
Judges: Why attend?
- Keep up to date with culinary trends, and discover all the latest rules necessary to provide fair judgment during competition events.
- Engage with renowned chef instructors and network with a diverse and driven class of competition chefs, aspiring judges, and influencers in the culinary space.
- Current judges: All Worldchefs Certified Judges are required to attend a Competition Seminar every five years.
- Future judges: Take the first step towards becoming a Worldchefs Certified Judge. Participants receive a certificate of participation after attending a Competition Seminar. This certificate of completion is one of the mandatory requirements when submitting a Worldchefs Certified Judge application.
Competitors: Why attend?
- Learn indispensable tips to excel in culinary competitions, and understand the service process and presentation details to make sure you know everything from the very beginning to the end.
- Be the first to discover current culinary trends, innovations in modern kitchen equipment, and the latest technologies used in competition.
- Engage with renowned chef instructors and get inspired alongside a diverse and driven class of competition chefs, aspiring judges, and influencers in the culinary space.
Learn more about becoming a Worldchefs Certified Judge
Attending a Competition Seminar is one of the required credentials in a Certified Judge application. Keep in mind, all Certified Judges are required to attend a Competition Seminar every five years. These intensive workshops provide key information about current trends, competition rules and judging criteria, to help chefs keep up-to-date and at their best!
Attending applicable Competition Seminars is one part of the process to become a judge, and does not automatically qualify you as a Certified Judge. Applicants must fulfil additional criteria and provide evidence of support in a formal application process. To learn more about the full approval process, visit: www.worldchefs.org/Application-To-Become-A-Judge
Meet Your Seminar Instructor:
This seminar is taught by Rick Stephen.
Dr Rick Stephen has been instrumental in the growth of the culinary profession. Having once an active presence in the competition arena winning many awards and accolades, he has offered guidance and support which contributes to the success of a number of chefs doing well in many competitions and in the culinary profession in Singapore, Fiji, Indonesia, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, China and Australia.
Dr Stephen was elected as the Continental Director for Asia in May 2011 under the World Association of Chefs’ Societies covering 21 Countries. As part of the Worldchefs Congress Committee, he organized and ran the IFK competition in Korea, and did all the final preparation for the World Finals of the Global Chef and Hans Bueschkens competition since 2008. In continuing his efforts to improve the industry and as part of his Worldchefs involvement in the region, Dr Stephen has conducted Worldchefs approved courses and has been an instigator in training and working with young chefs.