Date: November 16th, 2017
Time: 09:00 – 15:00
Dress code : Chefs White
NB: Limited number of participants Stephen Billingham : firstname.lastname@example.org
A hands-on workshop hosted by Stephen Billingham, Worldchefs’ Chef2Chef Ambassador and Henry Guadagni & Xavier Gomes of Electrolux Professional in HTA School in Johannesburg
Electrolux Professional and WORLDCHEFS are pleased to invite you to a Chef2Chef training seminar as a part of their “Art & Science Come Together” alliance. These workshops will educate chefs on implementing sustainable and innovative practices in the kitchen while maintaining high standards. The chefs will serve quality food, balancing a mix of Electrolux innovative solutions and the chefs’ creativity. Lunch will be provided at the school prepared by the Young chef students. Bring your knives.
The Aim of the Workshop
The aim of the workshop is to build on and extend the range of skills, techniques and knowledge helping to better manage the food waste, in particular focusing on the menu based on one ingredient, demonstrating how to use every part & waste nothing. This seminar would assist in acquiring new culinary knowledge as well as operational one while discovering the solutions to managing profitably different types of kitchens using cooking technology to reduce the amount of food wasted.
The key features and benefits of the Cook & Chill system include:
- An optimized work process incorporating the latest technology
- Higher levels of food safety
- Reduction in food loss and, ultimately, food waste
- Higher profitability for the food service operation
On completion of this practical session participants will have acquired the ability to:
- Learn the way to maximize the use of all parts of fruits & vegetables in order to reduce food waste
- Master the use of all the parts of ingredient to create a menu
- Discover the formulas & solutions to better manage food waste
- Able to explain the importance of managing ordering & stock
- Outline the main stages of Food Production cycle at which controls need to be
- Explain the significance of portion control & able to identify the key points of an
effective portion control system
For more information and participation please contact.
Stephen Billingham Email: email@example.com