Workshop in Indian Christmas Desserts and Sweets.
At the Electrolux Center of Excellence Singapore, Electrolux SEA Pte Ltd 1 Fusionopolis Place, #07-10 Galaxis, Singapore 138522
Accredited by the World Association of Chefs Societies
Date: November 30th 2017
Time: 14:00 – 17:30
Dress code: Chefs White
NB: Limited number of participants
RSVP – Kong Kok Kiang (Chef KK): firstname.lastname@example.org
A workshop hosted by Chef KK, Worldchefs’ Chef2Chef ambassador, Daniel Schneider, Electrolux Professional Chef Academy in Singapore and Chef Anil Kumar Electrolux Professional Chef Academy in India
Electrolux Professional and WORLDCHEFS are pleased to invite you to the fourth Chef2Chef training seminar in 2017 as a part of their “Art & Science Come Together” alliance. These workshops will educate chefs on implementing sustainable practices in the kitchen while maintaining high standards. The chefs will serve quality food, balancing a mix of Electrolux innovative solutions and the chefs’ creativity.
The Aim of the Workshop
The workshop will focus on Sweets and Desserts prepared traditionally in India. Christmas themed Sweets prepared with the latest technology. Different preparation and regeneration techniques linked to Cook & Chill system, a technology that incorporates an oven and blast chiller in a single solution. This innovative approach to sustainable cooking also improves chefs’ daily activities, food cost, food waste and the ability to be more independent to suppliers.
The aim of the workshop is to build on, and extend the range of skills, techniques and knowledge on catering, hotel and restaurant personnel previously acquired. This session aims to build on current technical practices and create new culinary knowledge, skills, and understanding of specific technics and dishes prepared in Indian cuisine to enhance the food item and the menu.
The key features and benefits of Nutrition for Hospital and Dietary Chefs:
- To understand Indian Cuisine, Spices and Flavours
- To better understand how to create Indian Desserts
- To get a deeper understanding in the latest technology
- Showcase of High Productivity Equipment
- Higher levels of food safety
- Higher level of hygiene
- An optimized work process incorporating the latest technology
- Reduction in food loss and, ultimately, food waste
On completion of this practical session participants will have acquired the ability to:
- Understanding different specific Indian Treats and Desserts
- Will be able to create menus according to specific seasonal events such as Christmas
- Maximize the use of Cook&Chill system in their operations
- Reduce the weight loss & control the food texture using Sous Vide cooking
technology and low temperature cooking process
- Standardize & monitor the food quality & safety in bulk productions and achieving
consistency throughout your operation for each individual diet
- Learn to manage re-thermalization process in order to achieve consistency,
sustainability & quality during operations
- How to use different accessories such as the “Vulcano Smoker”, Sous Vide food temperature core probe, Grill Trays to enhance the menu
For more information and participation please contact.
Chef Kong Kok Kiang