Workshop in Traditional Mooncake making prepared with new technology such as combi ovens for Hotels and Restaurant Business.
At the Electrolux Center of Excellence Singapore, Electrolux SEA Pte Ltd
1 Fusionopolis Place, #07-10 Galaxis, Singapore 138522
Accredited by the World Association of Chefs Societies
Date: July 21st 2017
Time: 14:00 – 17:30
Dress code: Chefs White
NB: Limited number of participants
RSVP – Kong Kok Kiang (Chef KK): [email protected]
A workshop hosted by Chef KK, Worldchefs’ Chef2Chef ambassador and Daniel Schneider, Electrolux Professional Chef Academy in Singapore.
Electrolux Professional and WORLDCHEFS are pleased to invite you to the second Chef2Chef training seminar in 2017 as a part of their “Art & Science Come Together” alliance. These workshops will educate chefs on implementing sustainable practices in the kitchen while maintaining high standards. The chefs will serve quality food, balancing a mix of Electrolux innovative solutions and the chefs’ creativity.
The Aim of the Workshop
The workshop will focus on the preparation of different types of mooncakes. We will showcase different ways of using new technology such as combi ovens to give a perfect result in baking the mooncakes. This innovative approach to produce mooncakes also improves chefs’ daily activities, food cost and food waste.
The aim of the workshop is to build on, and extend the range of skills, techniques and knowledge of hotel and restaurant operations previously acquired. This session aims to build on current technical practices and create new culinary knowledge, skills, and techniques using combi ovens in different ways to enhance the productivity and consistency of their mooncakes.
The key features and benefits of using Combi Ovens for mooncakes include:
- The possibility to be more flexible with the product
- Able to program recipes inside the oven software
- Able to use one machine for many different tasks
- Able to create a consistent outcome every time
- Able to produce in masses
- Higher levels of food safety
- Higher level of hygiene
- An optimized work process incorporating the latest technology
- Reduction in food loss and, ultimately, food waste
- Higher profitability for the food service operation
On completion of this practical session participants will have acquired the ability to:
- Understanding of how Combi Ovens can reduce food cost & control the profitability in operations
- Maximize the use of Combi Ovens in Hotel and Restaurant operations
- Standardize & monitor the food quality & safety in bulk productions and achieving consistency throughout your operation
- Focus on innovative equipment in Hotel and Catering operation in order to increase productivity & improve the workflow
- How to use different accessories such as Grill Trays and GN Trays
- How to program and set the correct cycle for mooncakes in Combi Ovens
For more information and participation please contact.
Chef Kong Kok Kiang
Email: [email protected]