Workshop in Cook & Chill: Food Cost & How to Manage it
At the ICCA (International Centre for Culinary Arts), Accredited by the World Association of Chefs Societies, Block 8, Dubai Knowledge Village
Date: January 28th 2017
Time: 09:00 – 16:00
Dress code : Chefs White
NB: Limited number of participants
A hands-on workshop hosted by Andy Cuthbert, Worldchefs’ Chef2Chef ambassador and Xavier Gomes of Electrolux Professional in ICCA, Dubai
Electrolux Professional and WORLDCHEFS are pleased to invite you to a Chef2Chef training seminar as a part of their “Art & Science Come Together” alliance. These workshops will educate chefs on implementing sustainable and innovative practices in the kitchen while maintaining high standards. The chefs will serve quality food, balancing a mix of Electrolux innovative solutions and the chefs’ creativity. Lunch will be provided at the school prepared by the Young chef students. Bring your knives.
The Aim of the Workshop
The workshop will focus on the Cook & Chill system, new technology that incorporates an oven and blast chiller in a single solution. This innovative approach to sustainable cooking also improves chefs’ daily activities.
The aim of the workshop is to build on and extend the range of skills, techniques and knowledge helping to better manage the food cost. This seminar would assist in acquiring new culinary knowledge as well as operational one while discovering the solutions to managing profitably different types of kitchens using cooking technology to improve food cost.
The key features and benefits of the Cook & Chill system include:
- An optimized work process incorporating the latest technology
- Higher levels of food safety
- Reduction in food loss and, ultimately, food waste
- Higher profitability for the food service operation
On completion of this practical session participants will have acquired the ability to:
- Learn the way to maximize the use of secondary meat cuts in order to improve food cost
- Master the use of Cooking Technology to lower food cost
- Discover the formulas & solutions to better manage food cost
- Able to explain the importance of food costing & control to the profitability of a catering operation
- Outline the main stages of Food Production cycle at which controls need to be applied
- Able to determine & explain some of the key business performance indicators essential for a catering operation
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the main documentation required for control throughout the food production cycle
- Explain the significance of portion control & able to identify the key points of an effective portion control system
For more information and participation please contact.
Mobile +971 504592315