Art&Science Goes Digital: AVANT-GARDE
Learn how to operate at the cutting edge of gourmet cuisine, by mixing creativity with craftsmanship and experiencing local and seasonal ingredients in a controversial, but indispensable way.
In this second episode of Art & Science Goes Digital, you will be guided on how to operate with an avant-garde approach in your kitchen. While ideas may appear strange and somewhat provocative at first, exploring new modes of expression that contrast with tradition and current taste can be incredibly effective and intriguing! These methods can assist you in overcoming your everyday challenges in the kitchen.
Plus, together with Chef Paolo, you will recreate a new “mojito cocktail,” transformed through the expression of technology, creativity, and awareness.
The webinar will divided in 3 sessions:
- SEASONABILITY: in an age where meat, fish, and vegetables are available daily, you will learn how to re-discover the seasons and explore colors, textures, and cooking techniques with an avant-garde approach.
- Recipe: twice cooked scallops, saffron beurre blanc, defibrated white asparagus and frozen sea parmesan cheese
- TAR || ART: you will learn how to “ask your ingredients how you can help them”. Using knowledge and expertise to give a second life to your food.
- Recipe: leftover risotto grissini with & asparagus & carrots cappuccino
- SHAPING: mixing technology and accessories to turn crazy into a patisserie. You will experience the simplicity of cooking with precision using thermostatic steam. Be precise, safe, and creative in plating something superlative.
- Recipe: the zen garden: in between liquorice, basil & mint
- Topic: Art&Science Goes Digital: AVANT-GARDE
- Where: 2PM CET on Zoom, Facebook Live, Twitter, and YouTube!
- When: June 14th, 2023
A digital badge and certificate will be awarded to the participants of this webinar.
This webinar is brought to you by Electrolux Professional.
Looking forward to seeing you at the webinar!
About the Art & Science Goes Digital
Art & Science Goes Digital is designed to combine the culinary creativity of professional chefs with the specialized knowledge and technology.
Through a series of online webinars, each focusing on a different theme, the program aims to empower chefs to operate more efficiently, profitably, and sustainably to the highest standards of the industry and help kitchens across the globe to develop more streamlined cooking processes.
Participants gain valuable skills and advice from experienced Professional chefs willing to share their international experience and passion for the continual discovery of contemporary developments in the culinary arts.
About the Speakers
Paolo Pettenuzzo is an accomplished Chef and Culinary Trainer hailing from the Veneto region of Italy. He developed a passion for food at a young age, instilled by his father, and by the age of 16, he was already a member of the Italian National Team of Chefs – N.I.C. His impressive culinary skills earned him two silver medals in the World Championship of cooking and recognition at Worldchefs Congress, twice as part of the Italian team before the age of 20. After completing high school, he pursued a Bachelor’s degree in interpreting & communication in Milan, followed by a Master’s degree in Business Administration from NYU University in New York City. Over the years, he has gained valuable restaurant experience, working as the Food & Beverage Manager at a hotel restaurant near Venice. Since 2013, he has been with Electrolux Professional, where he is responsible for the business development of the luxury segment, including Michelin-starred and luxury projects, in partnership with Molteni Brand. In 2019, he was appointed as the official Chefs Activation Manager, with the responsibility of Chef Training for the company. He is a creative individual with a keen eye for detail, and his motto is “I live Electrolux Professional with an anticipatory perspective, working with the future to change the present.”