Worldchefs President Thomas Gugler, Board of Directors, and Members join the VKÖ (Austrian Chef Association), friends, and family to mourn the passing of our esteemed colleague, Chef Karl Ruppert.
- President A.D. KM. Karl Ruppert ᵻ December 24th, 2020
- President of the VKÖ from 1993-1998
- Winner of the Golden Cross of Merit & Needle of the VKÖ
- Honorary member of the Association of Austrian Chefs and the World Association of Chef Societies (Worldchefs)
- Winner of the “Youth Exhibition 1962 Budapest”
- Multiple international gold medalist as captain of the Austrian National Team
After a fulfilled life, former president Karl Ruppert has taken his seat at the table of the eternal feast. As a committed president and member of our professional association, he was an exemplary and valued representative of our profession and association, far beyond the borders of Austria. For his decades of meritorious association activity, he was awarded honorary membership of the Association of Austrian Chefs and the World Association of Chefs Societies.
Our condolences go to his family and friends.