19th September, 2015
Time: 09:00 – 16:00
Hosted by: Chef Andy Cuthbert & Chef Silvano Costantini and Electrolux Chef Academy
Dress code: Chefs White
The Aim of the Workshop
The workshop will focus on the Cook & Chill system, new technology that incorporates an oven and blast chiller in a single solution. This innovative approach to sustainable cooking also improves chefs’ daily activities.
The aim of the workshop is to build on and extend the range of skills, techniques and knowledge on smoking of food. This seminar would assist in acquiring new culinary knowledge & skills while discovering the chemistry of smoking and the secrets behind it perfecting the taste of every dish by choosing the right tools, techniques, equipment and ingredients.
On completion of this practical session participants will have acquired the ability to:
- Understand & learn the dynamics and the chemical process behind the smoking of different types of food
- Explain & demonstrate an understating of application of smoking using various cooking technologies (Sous Vide etc)
- Successfully use Electrolux Technology for hot & cold smoking
- Master the use of the smoker in order to achieve the best flavour while meeting the requirement of local cuisine
- Select the most suitable wood in order to obtain the best results and flavour
- Apply Smoking preparing wide variety of recipes from different market segments