This year Australia celebrated International Chefs day in 3 states in conjunction with Nestle Professional & the healthy Kids program Art on a Plate program
ACT ACF chefs visited St Thomas's primary school in Canberra 40 students had an amazing day. The smoothies were the biggest hit of the day with the kids fascinated with all the different ingredients you can put into them. Thank you, Paul Butler, and Darren Tetley.
NSW ACF chefs visited St Catherine's of Sienna school Sydney where almost 100 students from various classes spent the morning preparing blueberry pancakes, tropical banana toast & fruit smoothies. Thank you to all the young chefs & members who helped make this day a success
Tasmanian Chefs visited St Marys College Hobart. 24 year 4 students made pancakes with President Stephen Lunn & has a fantastic time decorating them all with smiley faces topping the decoration list
South Australia continued their traditional chef’s day dinner & this year celebrated it at the International wine centre with an Indian Cuisine themed meal
- Paani Puri, King fish & Salmon pearl
- Mango Cured Salmon, Spice Crust & Candid Orange
- Dahi Bhalle
- Venison Carpaccio, Masala Chickpeas & Mango chutney
- Samosa Chat, Dahi, Amchoor Chutney, Onion salsa & Sev
- Crab Kofta, Besan & Garlic Crust, Green Chutney
- Duck Korma
- Lamb Seekh Kabab
- Chicken Skewers
- Goat Curry with Saffron Rice (Paella Pan)
- Lightly Spiced Cone Bay Barramundi, Curried Potato & Coconut and Kokum Sauce.