Let us share our magic with you today by celebrating together the Hindu festival Maha Shivratri with the recipe of Aloo Tikki.
Maha Shivratri, a Hindu festival celebrated in the reverence of Lord Shiva, signifies the day Lord Shiva was married to Goddess Parvati. Maha Shivratri is celebrated on the 6th night of the month of Phalgun, which comes in the months of February or March every year. Devotees fast for the whole day and eat only one meal during the day which may be restricted to evenings. However, even for days of fasts there is a permissible list of eats.
Aloo Tikki Recipe (6 servings)
Preparation: 25 min
· 3 potatoes / aloo
· 1 tbsp corn flour
· 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
· ½ tsp garam masala powder
· salt to taste
· fistful coriander leaves, chopped
· 4 tsp oil, or as required
1. Firstly, in a large mixing bowl mash boiled potatoes.
2. Add corn flour, chilli powder, garam masala and salt.
3. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
4. Mash well till the dough turns soft and non sticky.
5. Add more corn flour if there is still moisture in aloo mixture.
6. Grease your hands with oil and pinch a ball sized dough.
7. Make a patties of round shape.
8. Heat the tawa wit some oil and place the prepared patties.
9. Fry for a minute or till the base turns golden and crisp.
10. Flip the patties and roast the other sides.
11. Add oil if required to make patties more crisp.
12. Serve aloo tikki with mint yogurt dip and sauce.