Programme Director (International Cuisine) – Hong Kong: International Culinary Institute (ICI)
International Culinary Institute (ICI)
ICI offers a wide range of quality professional culinary Programmes covering the cuisines of Europe, Mediterranean, Americas, Middle East and Asia as well as Bakery and Confectionary. Please visit www.ici.edu.hk for more information of this state-of-the-art Training Institute.
International Culinary Institute
Programme Director (International Cuisine)
- To plan and monitor the curriculum design and development of various new and existing international culinary programmes of the International Culinary Institute;
- To provide academic leadership in validation and accreditation of all culinary training programmes of the Institute;
- To formulate and implement the Institute’s strategic development plan and projects;
- To plan, review and manage the provision and utilisation of academic staff and resources;
- To assist in developing and reviewing quality policies / procedures, and to monitor the academic quality of training programmes;
- To drive the development of new services and culinary programmes to meet the needs of the stakeholders;
- To establish and foster academic collaborations with industry partners, professional bodies and institutes both local and overseas; and
- To carry out different managerial / administrative roles and ensure teaching duties are effectively assigned and deployed by the Institute.
- A recognised degree and / or professional qualifications in the relevant discipline;
- At least 8 years relevant experience at the appropriate level of responsibility in vocational education or industry experience at management level in hospitality / catering industry;
- Good understanding of western cuisine trade test systems;
- Solid experience in culinary management at senior executive level;
- Proven records of professional development in culinary management and networking with the hospitality and catering industry;
- Good understanding of the current and future development of vocational education in western and international cuisine;
- Exceptional leadership and managerial skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently;
- Good presentation and communication skills;
- Knowledge in programme design, development, validation and accreditation of training programmes will be an advantage; and
- Ability to pass a trade test.
- The post is in the rank of Senior Training Consultant under the VTC Grade and Rank System.
- The appointee may be required to perform duties outside normal office hours.
- In support of the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme launched by the Hong Kong Police Force, all prospective appointees will be requested to undergo the SCRC at the advanced stage of the employment process.
- We offer a competitive remuneration package to the right candidate. Appointment will be made on contract and renewal is subject to staff performance and service need.
- Housing allowance, passage and baggage allowance will be provided for eligible appointees whose current / normal places of residence is proven to be outside Hong Kong.
Please apply by email or post, with a resume and a cover letter, setting out your background and achievements in meeting the position requirements, quoting the position and ref. to Ms Patsy Cheung, Suite 610, 6/F Ocean Centre, 5 Canton Road, TST, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date of application is 28 July 2021.
For confidential enquiries, please contact Ms Patsy Cheung at +852 3180 4917.
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information on unsuccessful candidates will normally be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
- Advertised: 8 July 2021
- Application close: 28 July 2021
To search this job and thousands more, create your free Worldchefs online account!
Want to post a job with Worldchefs? Get in touch!