Worldchefs Certified Judging Levels Expanded to Support Skills Development
- The Worldchefs Culinary Committee has expanded Worldchefs Certified Judge levels to support the highest standards in culinary competitions and juries.
- The new model provides additional opportunities for skills development in culinary competition judging.
- Worldchefs Certified Judges will be issued updated Worldchefs’ certificates and digital badges matched to their new judging level. Individuals are encouraged to update their Worldchefs online profile for the most up-to-date information on the Worldchefs Certified Judge Directory.
Paris, 6 of July 2021 – The Worldchefs Culinary Competition Committee (CCC) has expanded Worldchefs Certified Judge levels to support the highest standards in culinary competitions and juries. The new model has been developed as part of the CCC’s mission to advance standards of excellence built on professionalism, leadership, and collaboration.
“The whole idea of the change was to modernize our approach to every changing aspect of the culinary world,” says Rick Stephen, Worldchefs Culinary Committee Chairman. “Keeping up with food and the world standards and the new challenges that face all food-related competitions with hygiene and food waste been paramount.”
The new levels will provide additional opportunities for skills development in culinary competition judging. Worldchefs Certified Judges can progress through the judging levels over the course of their career and culinary competition experience to reflect their commitment and expertise in the field.
The Culinary Committee has taken a dynamic approach to incorporate mentorship and peer learning into the new model. A Learner Judge-or Rookie Judge-level has been introduced to advance the future of juries, encouraging competitions around the globe to take a more active role in supporting the new guard of international competition standards.
“We envisage the opportunity to feature more traditional cuisines from our members’ regions and countries, but also to have these cuisines on the international stage and be judged by experts in that style of cuisine,” says Stephen.
Complete information on the application process and requirements to become a Worldchefs Certified Judge can be found here. A brief outline of the new judging levels is as follows:
- Rookie / Learner Judge: Qualifying candidates with the necessary endorsements can serve at a Rookie / Learner Judge level. Proof of participation as a Rookie / Learner Judge at Worldchefs Endorsed Competitions can be used as supporting documents in applications for all Worldchefs Certified Judge levels.
- Sponsored Judge: Qualified chefs recognized as experts from a reputable company or institution can serve at a Sponsored Judge level. Sponsored Judges are mentored by a Worldchefs Certified Judge prior to any event.
- Worldchefs Certified Regional Judge: The Worldchefs Certified Regional Judge level is designed for culinary competition jurors with a local scope, not just limited to regional, but also international regions where your language or cuisine may be featured. This is a stepping stone to the next level.
- Worldchefs Certified Continental Judge: The Worldchefs Certified Continental Judge level represents mid-level culinary professionals with some judging experience, including competitors with silver medal performance and/or a minimum of two years in a high-end restaurant environment. The Worldchefs Certified Continental Judge level has replaced the former B Judge level.
- Worldchefs Certified International Judge: The Worldchefs Certified International Judge level represents senior-level culinary professionals with advanced judging experience, including competitors with silver medal performance and/or a minimum of five years in a high-end restaurant environment. The Worldchefs Certified International Judge level has replaced the former A Judge level. The new rules also allow for Worldchefs Certified International Judges to serve as observer judges.
- Worldchefs Honorary / Life Judge: The Worldchefs Honorary / Life Judge level is awarded by the Worldchefs President for outstanding contributions to Worldchefs and competition programs. Recipients must be in good standing as a Worldchefs Certified Judge at any level.
Additional requirements for specialized credentials still apply for applications to judging categories, which now include: Culinary Arts & Hot Kitchen, Pastry Arts, Carving, Community Catering, and Vegan/Plant-Based Cuisine.
Current Worldchefs Certified Judges will be issued updated Worldchefs’ certificates and digital badges matched to their new judging level. Individuals are encouraged to update their Worldchefs online profile to ensure the most up-to-date information on the Worldchefs Certified Judge Directory.
From the Worldchefs Certified Judges Directory competition organizers, competitors, and colleagues can contact Worldchefs Certified Judge via their custom profile on Worldchefs online community platform.
To connect with Certified Judges, national associations, leading companies, and hospitality professionals around the globe, new users can create a free account within seconds at www.worldchefs.org/login.
The World Association of Chefs’ Societies, known as Worldchefs, is a dynamic global network of 110 chef associations worldwide. A leading voice in the hospitality industry, Worldchefs carries 91 years of history since its founding at the Sorbonne by the venerable Auguste Escoffier. Representing a mobilized international membership of culinary professionals, Worldchefs is committed to advancing the profession and leveraging the influence of the chef jacket for the betterment of the industry and humanity at large.
Worldchefs is dedicated to raising culinary standards and social awareness through these core focus areas:
Education – Worldchefs offers support for education and professional development through the landmark Worldchefs Academy online training program, a diverse network of Worldchefs Education Partners and curriculums, and the world’s first Global Hospitality Certification recognizing on-the-job skills in hospitality;
Networking – Worldchefs connects culinary professionals around the world through their online community platform and provides a gateway for industry networking opportunities through endorsed events and the biennial Worldchefs Congress & Expo;
Competition – Worldchefs sets global standards for competition rules, provides Competition Seminars and assurance of Worldchefs Certified Judges, and operates the prestigious Global Chefs Challenge;
Humanitarianism & Sustainability – Worldchefs Feed the Planet and World Chefs Without Borders programs relieve food poverty, deliver crisis support, and promote sustainability across the globe.
For more information about Worldchefs, visit us at www.Worldchefs.org.
For any media inquiries, contact:
Communications Manager, Worldchefs