Global Chefs Challenge Results Are In: See who took home the title of Worlds Best Chef
- The anticipated Global Chefs Challenge Finals have concluded at the 39th Worldchefs Congress & Expo in Abu Dhabi following four days of intense competition.
- After years of training and preparation, the world’s most promising chefs brought their best to the buzzing competition arena.
- Italy, Singapore, and Norway have taken home Gold in the three competition categories: Global Chefs Challenge, the Global Pastry Chefs Challenge, and the Global Young Chefs Challenge. Full results have been made available with National Team rankings and overall scores.
Paris, 3 of June 2022 – The Global Chefs Challenge Finals have concluded at the 39th Worldchefs Congress & Expo in Abu Dhabi. With the backdrop of the historic reunion event, the anticipated Global Chefs Challenge Finals have brought together the world’s top chefs and emerging culinary talent to test their skills on a global stage. After four days of intense competition, the results have been announced.
Representing their respective countries and culinary teams, the world’s most promising chefs gave their best in the competition kitchens and at the judging table. Italy, Singapore, and Norway have taken home Gold in the Global Chefs Challenge Final’s three competition categories: Global Chefs Challenge, the Global Pastry Chefs Challenge, and the Global Young Chefs Challenge. Chef Marco Tomasi of Italy now holds the title of Worlds Best Chef.
The Global Chefs Challenge Finals have been a highlight at the 2022 Worldchefs Congress & Expo. The energy of the competition hall reinforced the international comradery that remains the bedrock of the biennial industry event. Congratulations to every participant for their dedication and drive, with years of training and preparation brought to the Global Chefs Challenge competition arena.
- Global Chefs Challenge Winner – Marco Tomasi (Italy)
- Global Chefs Challenge 1st Runner up – Michael Andersson (Sweden)
- Global Chefs Challenge 2nd Runner up – Leong Wei Ming (Singapore)
- Global Pastry Chefs Challenge Winner – Dexter Lee Chee Leong (Singapore)
- Global Pastry Chefs Challenge 1st Runner up – Antonio Dell’Oro (Italy)
- Global Pastry Chefs Challenge 2nd Runner up – Nabil Barina (France)
- Global Young Chefs Challenge Winner – Aron Espeland (Norway)
- Global Young Chefs Challenge 1st Runner Up – Giorgia Ceccato (Italy)
- Global Young Chefs Challenge 2nd Runner Up – Harald Linder (Sweden)
- Best Tea – Aravinda Leelarathna (United Arab Emirates)
- Best Fish Global Chefs Challenge – Bartosz Peter (Poland)
- Best Fish Global Young Chefs Challenge – Aron Espeland (Norway)
Results Ranking: National Teams by Competition Category
Global Chefs Challenge
|14||United Arab Emirates||73,850|
Global Pastry Chefs Challenge
|Ranking||Team||Cake||Plated Dessert||Show-Piece||Overall Score|
|4||United Arab Emirates||71,325||81,665||90,325||81,105|
Global Young Chefs Challenge
|7||United Arab Emirates||70,768|
|8||United States of America||69,867|
More information on all three Global Chefs Challenge categories, including complete information on the country competitor profiles and rulebooks can be found at www.globalchefschallenge.org.
For live updates, follow @worldchefs on Instagram and @WACSworldchefs on Twitter and Facebook.
– END –
The World Association of Chefs’ Societies, known as Worldchefs, is a dynamic global network of 110 chef associations worldwide. A leading voice in the hospitality industry, Worldchefs carries 91 years of history since its founding at the Sorbonne by the venerable Auguste Escoffier. Representing a mobilized international membership of culinary professionals, Worldchefs is committed to advancing the profession and leveraging the influence of the chef jacket for the betterment of the industry and humanity at large.
Worldchefs is dedicated to raising culinary standards and social awareness through these core focus areas:
Education – Worldchefs offers support for education and professional development through the landmark Worldchefs Academy online training program, a diverse network of Worldchefs Education Partners and curriculum, and the world’s first Global Hospitality Certification recognizing on-the-job skills in hospitality;
Networking – Worldchefs connects culinary professionals around the world through their online community platform and provides a gateway for industry networking opportunities through endorsed events and the biennial Worldchefs Congress & Expo;
Competition – Worldchefs sets global standards for competition rules, provides Competition Seminars and assurance of Worldchefs Certified Judges, and operates the prestigious Global Chefs Challenge;
Humanitarianism & Sustainability – Worldchefs Feed the Planet and World Chefs Without Borders programs relieve food poverty, deliver crisis support, and promote sustainability across the globe.
For more information about Worldchefs, visit us at www.worldchefs.org.