Senior Manager – Food Development – Central Production Facility – UAE: Alshaya Food
Alshaya Food is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of ambient, chilled and frozen foods across the GCC. We have a passion for food and look for exceptional people with a wealth of experience in food manufacturing. We create great tasting products and are continuously innovative with recipes and technology used in our world class food production facilities.
We have two purpose built facilities, one in Kuwait in Farwaniya Dajeej area and the other is located in Dubai Industrial Park in Dubai, both locations are equipped with state-of-the-art food manufacturing equipment. We are in the process of building our first manufacturing facility in KSA which we are on target to open in 2022.
Our expertise and credibility enables us to deliver industry leading food safety standards and we are accredited to the highest possible standards. Our facilities encompass multiple interchangeable high and low care lines. We produce quality products in a variety of formats, these are driven by customer requirements.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Product Development Manager , with experience in the food manufacturing industry, who will Combine innovation, creative ideas and exceptional kitchen capabilities in developing products with commercial understanding of what will be profitable to the business and the customer.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage the development of products from idea generation to distribution in the market place;
- Evaluate opportunities within the market and based on product portfolio to develop new concepts;
- Ensure communication between brand and Alshaya Food regarding new product development and consider and represent the best interest of both sides;
- Search / evaluate new ingredients in order to improve the cost and / or quality of the products;
- Review menu production schedules with the brand considering seasonal options, promotional menus, and assure appropriate recipes, variety and quantity of food;
- Develop and standardize operating procedures for kitchen operations across all brands;
Qualifications & Requirements:
You will have/be:
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong background in developing Pastry, Cakes & Desserts
- Strong background of food manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of food safety and food quality requirements in a central production facility
- Planning and project management experience
- Influencing and negotiation skills
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
- Advertised: 29 Apr 2021 Arabian Standard Time
- Application close: 28 May 2021 Arabian Standard Time
Click here to learn more and submit an application.
To search this job and thousands more, create your free Worldchefs online account!
Want to post a job with Worldchefs? Get in touch!