Programme Manager (International Cuisine) – Hong Kong: International Culinary Institute (ICI)
International Culinary Institute (ICI)
ICI offers a wide range of quality professional culinary Programmes covering the cuisines of Europe, Mediterranean, Americas, Middle East and Asia as well as Bakery and Confectionary. Please visit www.ici.edu.hk for more information of this state-of-the-art Training Institute.
International Culinary Institute
Programme Manager (Pastry, Bakery and Confectionery)
- To provide leadership in the planning, development, implementation, quality assurance, and administration of Pastry, Bakery and Confectionery Food Preparation programmes;
- To develop, review, update and monitor the training curriculum and syllabus of training programmes to meet with the latest needs of the industry;
- To conduct training in Pastry, Bakery, and Confectionery Food Preparation related programs;
- To undertake administration, training, and operational related duties, including supervision of staff and management of resources;
- To oversee the operation of the training kitchens, coordinate special training events / functions and culinary competitions which form part of the Integrated Learning Experience of the training programmes;
- To establish and maintain close contacts with the industry partners, professional bodies and institutes both local and overseas;
- To support marketing and promotional activities of the culinary programmes; and
- To compile the financial estimates and training statistics as well as to oversee the procurement, maintenance and commissioning of plants and equipment of the section.
- A recognised degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent; and preferably memberships of relevant professional bodies
- At least 5 years’ international experience in the relevant industry and / or teaching
- Preferably with:
- qualification of Master Confectioner (Konditor Meister) and Certified Trainer Chef Certificate (Ausbildereignunspruefung (AEVO)) in Western Pastry and Confectionery Cuisine, or equivalent
- knowledge and experience in trade test systems
- Proven management and administrative experience at senior level;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; and
- Proficiency in computer software applications.
- The post is in the rank of “Principal Instructor”.
- Shortlisted candidates may be required to attend a trade test.
- Candidates without the required academic qualification stated in (a) above but possessing 18 years’ relevant experience may also apply. Where applicable, these candidates may be required to have a Qualifications Framework (QF) Level 4 qualification.
- The appointee may be required to perform duties outside normal office hours and in designated places as assigned.
- In support of the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme launched by the Hong Kong Police Force, all prospective appointees will be requested to undergo the SCRC at the advanced stage of the employment process.
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to the Human Resources Division, 18/F, VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong. Please specify on the envelope the reference of the post being applied for.
Closing date for application: 20 October 2021
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s).
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information on unsuccessful candidates will normally be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
- Advertised: 21 September 2021
- Application close: 20 October 2021
To search this job and thousands more, create your free Worldchefs online account!
Want to post a job with Worldchefs? Get in touch!