Programme Manager (International Cuisine) – Hong Kong: International Culinary Institute (ICI)
International Culinary Institute (ICI)
ICI offers a wide range of quality professional culinary Programmes covering the cuisines of Europe, Mediterranean, Americas, Middle East and Asia as well as Bakery and Confectionary. Please visit www.ici.edu.hk for more information of this state-of-the-art Training Institute.
International Culinary Institute
Programme Manager (International Cuisine)
- To plan and develop new programmes and its curriculum design in international cuisine and related management modules and to review and enhance the existing programmes to match with the appropriate levels of the Hong Kong Qualifications Framework;
- To provide academic leadership in validation and accreditation of new culinary training programmes;
- To plan, review, and support the conducting of classes and practical training in international cuisine and related management modules when necessary and compile training related records and statistics;
- To assist in the development of new services and culinary programmes for the promotion, publicity and student recruitment of training programmes;
- To manage the day-to-day operations as well as resources of the section and to assist in preparing financial estimates;
- To foster close ties with employers and related associations as well as to obtain feedback on the relevance of the training programs;
- To oversee the procurement, maintenance and commissioning of plant and equipment; and
- To perform duties related to the effective running of training programmes and the daily operations of Training Kitchens.
- A recognised degree / professional qualification in the relevant discipline in Hospitality / Catering Management or Culinary Arts, or equivalent;
- At least with 5 years’ experience in the relevant industry and / or teaching ;
- Preferably with qualification of Master Chef and / or Certified Trainer Chef Certificate in Western Cuisine, or equivalent;
- Good knowledge of Middle Eastern Cuisine food preparation and its production;
- Proven records of professional development in culinary management and networking with the hospitality and catering industry;
- Good understanding of the current and future development of vocational education in western and international cuisine;
- Proven supervisory and administrative experience at senior level;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; and
- Proficiency in common computer software applications.
- The post is in the rank of “Principal Instructor”.
- Shortlisted candidates may be required to attend a trade test.
- Candidates without the required academic qualifications stated in (a) above but possessing 18 years’ relevant work / teaching experience may also apply. Where applicable, these candidates may be required to have a Qualifications Framework (QF) Level 4 qualification.
- The appointee may be required to perform duties outside normal office hours and in designated places as assigned.
- In support of the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme launched by the Hong Kong Police Force, all prospective appointees will be requested to undergo the SCRC at the advanced stage of the employment process.
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to the Human Resources Division, 18/F, VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong. Please specify on the envelope the reference of the post being applied for. The closing date of application is 20 October 2021
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s).
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information on unsuccessful candidates will normally be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
- Advertised: 21 September 2021
- Application close: 20 October 2021
To search this job and thousands more, create your free Worldchefs online account!
Want to post a job with Worldchefs? Get in touch!