Feed the Planet made the World a better place on the 7th of September!
Worldchefs, together with Electrolux Food Foundation and AIESEC, organized a Zero Waste Market in St Mariatorget, Stockholm Sweden.
What happened there?
- We served vegan soups made from 100% rescued ingredients with the help of the Waste Kitchen!
- Secondhand clothes had a booth with clothes swooping where visitors could change one of their own garments to a “new” one in the booth!
- Free books were also available!
Two lectures were delivered that day:
- “How can we create a sustainable wardrobe and a sustainable relation to fashion?”
by Maria Lagerman, Operations Manager Remake Stockholms Stadsmission
- “How can we reduce our food waste together?”
by Filip Lundin, Founder of Sopkoket (The Waste Kitchen)
What a lovely concept to help and make the world a better place where we also offered free coffee and sweets from the Food Bank! We had approximately 300 visitors, 300 happy people! It was a success!