Chief Instructor (Japanese Cuisine) – Hotel and Tourism Institute/Chinese Culinary Institute/International Culinary Institute
International Culinary Institute (ICI)
ICI offers a wide range of quality professional culinary Programmes covering the cuisines of Europe, Mediterranean, Americas, Middle East and Asia as well as Bakery and Confectionary. Please visit www.ici.edu.hk for more information of this state-of-the-art Training Institute.
Hotel and Tourism Institute / Chinese Culinary Institute / International Culinary Institute
Chief Instructor (Japanese Cuisine)
Ref.no: C/HTI/CI(JC)/03/22- AP2
- To plan and support the development of new programmes in Japanese cuisine and to review and enhance the existing courses / programmes to match with the appropriate standards of local and international accreditation bodies;
- To plan, organise and conduct classes and practical training in Japanese food preparation and compile training related records and statistics;
- To oversee the operation of the training kitchens, coordinate special training events / functions and culinary competitions which form part of the Integrated Learning Experience of the training programmes;
- To support the administration for programme affairs, time tabling systems and programme board documentation, student recruitment of training course / programmes;
- To manage the day-to-day operations as well as staff and resources of the section and to assist in preparing financial estimates;
- To foster close ties with employers and related professional associations both local and overseas, and to obtain feedback on the relevance of the training courses / programmes;
- To oversee the procurement, maintenance and commissioning of plants and equipment of the section; and
- To perform duties related to the effective running of training courses and the daily operations of Training Kitchens.
- A recognised higher diploma in a relevant discipline, or equivalent;
- At least 9 years’ work and / or teaching experience in the relevant industry, preferably in hotel and catering industry;
- Proven supervisory and administrative experience;
- Proficiency in written and spoken Japanese and preferably with knowledge in English and Cantonese;
- Proficiency in basic computer software applications; and
- Ability to pass a trade test.
- Candidates without the required academic qualification stated in the Requirement (a) but possessing 16 years’ work and / or teaching experience in the relevant industry may also apply. Where applicable, these candidates may be required to have a Qualifications Framework (QF) Level 3 qualification.
- Candidates with a recognised degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent, and at least 3 years’ work and / or teaching experience in the relevant industry, preferably in hotel and catering industry, may also apply and will be considered for the Assistant Training Consultant rank.
- The appointee may be required to perform duties outside normal office hours, work on shift over a full 7-day period and in designated places as assigned.
- In support of the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme launched by the Hong Kong Police Force, all prospective appointees will be requested to undergo the SCRC at the advanced stage of the employment process.
Candidates should take note of the following:
- Completed application form (VTC-1) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) should be combined into one file in PDF format with total file size below 10MB.
- The file should be saved with name as “your surname and given name”, e.g. “CHAN Tai-man.pdf”.
- For the email subject, please cite Application for Chief Instructor (Japanese Cuisine) (C/HTI/CI(JC)/03/22- AP2).
- Original and copy of other supporting documents are to be provided at a later stage upon request.
Closing date for application: May 24, 2022
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s).
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information on unsuccessful candidates will normally be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
- Advertised: April 27, 2022
- Application close: May 24, 2022
To search this job and thousands more, create your free Worldchefs online account!
Want to post a job with Worldchefs? Get in touch!